Our client is in need of a Sr Program Manager to lead in the development of new hardware projects.
In this role you will provide leadership of a large new product (Hardware & Software) development programs.
- Responsible for building and leading teams to define technical and business solutions, by selecting and motivating staff and providing day-to-day direction to internal team members and external partner teams.
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams, with differing cultures and first languages.
- Good organizer and delegator. Is able to empower and motivate the team.
- Innovative and motivated person, able to lead team to identify and resolve risks and issues. Takes ownership of actions and initiatives, but also escalates quickly and effectively when senior management support is required.
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization. Is able to work with a wide range of experience levels in development teams, and is able to succinctly and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Drives teams to follow Motorola Solutions business practices in an organized and effective manner.
- Is results oriented and meets commitments
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with project management process in all aspect of the project including:
- schedule management, cost management, scope management, people management, communications, and quality management.
- Has excellent project management tool knowledge and is able to lead teams in building and managing requirements, work breakdown structures, schedules, risk analyses, issues management plans, action plans, project budgets, product cost plans, resource plans etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in applying these processes and tools to all phase of a project including:
- project initiation, project planning, project execution, project monitoring & control, and project closure.
- Is able to leverage these project management processes and tools to define and execute projects, while achieving project schedule, cost, and scope goals.
- Works effectively with project management peers to help enhance project management processes. Looks for continuous improvement in project management process excellence.
- Has good understanding of business principles, objectives, and measures.
- Works to provide optimum business benefits in the development of new products.
Able to develop Statements of Work, and negotiate these with suppliers and partners.
- Motivated, flexible, and resourceful. Take the initiative to drive action.
- Bachelor degree Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent
- Has a minimum of 10 years industrial experience, with at least 5 in a project/program management role
- Demonstrated track record of successful project execution, preferably with handheld computing products, systems, or solutions.
- Experience managing programs involving both hardware and software development.
- Proficient using a wide range of computer based tools